Volkswagen Golf retains its European bestseller title in 2020January 28, 2021
The Volkswagen Golf has become a bestseller in the European market.
This hatchback remained the best-selling model on the European market last year. This suggests that Volkswagen has maintained the title of bestseller for twelve years.
According to Volkswagen representatives, last year the eighth generation Golf was able to show its potential by entering the market with all model modifications. So, by the end of 2020, one of the three sold Volkswagen Golfs was equipped with a hybrid drive.
According to the research company JATO Dynamics, the Volkswagen Golf was in the highest demand in the European market with 30,073 units sold (-2%). The second place was taken by the new electric car Volkswagen ID.3, the sales rate of which was 27,997 units.
The third position is occupied by Tesla Model 3 – sales of this model are equal to 24,567 units (+ 11%). Also, this rating includes such models as Renault Clio (22 399 units), Peugeot 208 (20 690 units), Toyota Yaris (20 465 units).
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO