Volkswagen Golf has become the bestseller of the European car market againMay 4, 2021
In March, the car was able to outperform its competitors, despite a significant decrease in demand.
Experts of the analytical agency “Autostat” spoke about the sales of new cars in Europe in March 2021. The German Volkswagen Golf became the leader in terms of sales – 26,265 Europeans chose this car. This result is worse than last year’s by 43%.
The second line goes to the bestseller of February Peugeot 208 (25 429 units, -3%). And Opel / Vauxhall Corsa has “bronze” rating – 24 540 sold cars and a decrease in demand by 20%. The real breakthrough was made by the electric Tesla Model 3, which sold 23,755 copies. Compared to March 2020, sales grew by 52% at once.
Complements TOP-5 Toyota Yaris (23,033 units, -9%) – in January this car became a bestseller in Europe. The Volkswagen T-Roc, popular among Europeans, is on the sixth line (21,772 units, -7%), followed by Citroen C3 (21,426 units, -14%).
Compact Renault Clio came in eighth (21,219 units, -27%).
The compact crossover Peugeot 2008 is on the ninth line (20 960 units, + 12%). And the Italian Fiat 500 closes the TOP-10 (20,832 units, -14%).
- Hyundai reveals plans to modernize its lineup
- Atelier Mansory has presented a completely wild version of the Ferrari Portofino
- New hatchback Cupra Leon came out in 242-horsepower petrol modification
- Renault shares details on new 1.2 TCe engine for Clio to Kadjar cars
- Renault aims to be Europe’s greenest brand by 2030