Volkswagen equipped the ID.3 electric car with innovative airbagsOctober 24, 2019
The first serial electric car of the German brand received a central airbag.
According to Volkswagen press service, the ID.3 hatchback will be equipped with a new type of airbag. She will disclose between the driver and the passenger, so that in the event of a side impact to reduce the likelihood of contact. A similar development about a month ago was presented by Korean engineers from Hyundai.
The principle of operation of such an airbag is simple – the device is mounted on the driver’s seat from the front passenger side and, in the event of a side impact sensor, is immediately opened. The company even released a demo.
The installation of such airbags will help automakers adapt their models to the new Euro NCAP testing methodology, part of which will be the side impact safety assessment starting in 2020.
- Elon Musk announced the date of the Tesla AI Day
- Audi’s future electric vehicles will retain the radiator grille
- CATL Introduces First Generation Sodium Ion Batteries
- One of the suppliers revealed a new project Li Auto
- Audi teases Skysphere concept inspired by old Horch