Volkswagen began tests of cars with fourth-level autopilotApril 5, 2019
Volkswagen began testing cars with fourth-level autopilot. This means that the car is able to drive completely independently, but at the same time the driver can take control at any time.
Tests of UAVs created on the basis of an electric car e-Golf, launched in the German Hamburg on a certain stretch of three kilometers. It is part of a larger, almost 10-kilometer stretch, the tests for which will begin next year.
The cars are equipped with a complex set of equipment, which includes 14 video cameras, 11 laser sensors and seven different radars. With the help of these devices, artificial intelligence receives and processes up to five gigabytes of information. The total capacity of the system corresponds to the performance of about 15 modern laptops.
The devices track other cars in the stream, parked cars, as well as cyclists and pedestrians. Cars are able to independently change lanes, pass intersections and make difficult decisions.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network