Volkswagen became the leader in sales of cars in the world over the past yearJanuary 30, 2020
Volkswagen managed to regain its first position in the rating after 2018, when it lost to its Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi concern.
The results of sales in the global market of the largest automakers last year were announced. Volkswagen is on the first line, which managed to sell 10,974,600 new cars, in particular, 242,300 trucks, which is 1.3% higher than in 2018.
The second place in the ranking was taken by the Japanese company Toyota, which managed to sell 10 742 122 cars in 2019, including the Lexus, Daihatsu and Hino brands. These figures show an increase in sales by 1.4%, compared with the results of 2018.
At the same time, the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance still keeps secret its annual performance, but its member companies have disseminated their data. In total, this figure is approximately 10,298,000 cars, which indicates a decrease in sales volume by 4.3% and the third position in the rating of the largest automobile concerns. At the same time, in 2018, this alliance was on the first line in sales in the world.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery