Volkswagen and General Motors will abandon the production of cars with hybrid power plantsAugust 21, 2019
It is reported that concerns will begin to produce electric vehicles.
The reason for this decision was the need to follow strict environmental standards. Thus, representatives of companies consider hybrid engines to be an intermediate option between gasoline and electric units.
In the next four years, both automakers intend to begin production of twenty types of electric cars, including Cadillac and Chevrolet.
It is alleged that Volkswagen will invest heavily in the creation of an electric SUV in the United States, and in 2022 a minibus. Statistics say that in 2018, 3% of cars with hybrid power plants were sold at the American car market, and electric cars made up only 1%.
According to data from the analytical service, over the next four years, automakers from around the world will invest more than two hundred billion dollars to develop about two hundred types of electric cars. At the same time, there is no consensus about when electric cars will become the main product of the car market.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system