Volkswagen and Ford together will develop a successor to the Amarok pickup.March 29, 2019
Volkswagen has reached an agreement with Ford to join forces in developing the next-generation Amarok pickup. It is reported by Automotive News.
According to preliminary data, the Ford Ranger platform will form the basis of the new Volkswagen Amarok, which will appear in 2022. Using a joint chassis will allow the Germans to significantly save on the development of their own platform.
Recall concerns Volkswagen and Ford announced the creation of a global alliance, in which the American and German automakers will be engaged in the joint development of light commercial vehicles and pickups.
Volkswagen and Ford will join forces to create an architecture for a new mid-size pickup truck and a commercial van in 2022. This is a global model that will be sold worldwide. In addition, the Germans and Americans have agreed on the possibility of conducting joint research in the field of UAVs, new mobile services, as well as cars with electric power plants.
Finally, companies have already begun to consider options for further expanding cooperation. It is assumed that the creation of the alliance will allow Volkswagen and Ford to save billions of dollars.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup