Updated Skoda Fabia R5 prepares for racing debutMay 7, 2019
The novelty was shown at the March Motor Show in Geneva. Now it has become known that the newly made “debutant” will be released on the track in the Czech Republic and Portugal.
The company Skoda decided on the date of the premiere of the racing version of the Skoda Fabia. Czech car will take part in the home rally championship “Rally Český Krumlov”. Pilot Jan Kopecky will manage the updated Fabia, and Pavel Dresler will assume the duties of the navigator. The rally in the Czechs will be held from May 17-18. In less than two weeks, the Skoda Fabia racing will try its hand in one more race. From May 30 to June 2, the World Rally Championship will be held in Portugal.
In this race, we will again see Kopecky, in tandem with him will perform Kalle Rovanpera.
The new Skoda Fabia R5 gets improved aerodynamics, a 1.6 liter turbo engine, as well as modified head optics. The debut of the novelty was organized at the Geneva Motor Show. According to experts, global sales of new products should begin in the second half of 2019.
- The serial version of the Nissan Magnite cross debuted
- Top Gear racer rides the Audi RS6 Avant very fast
- Bugatti has introduced a new mysterious hypercar
- China will remain the main market for Mercedes-Benz for at least another 10 years
- Formula 1 racers test the new Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA