Updated Mitsubishi L200 Pickup Fails Crash TestNovember 29, 2019
The updated Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck failed the crash test of the Latin NCAP organization, which checks the safety of cars in South America. The car was awarded the lowest mark for protecting the driver and adult passengers, not receiving a single star out of five possible.
The test with a frontal collision at a speed of 64 km / h showed a high risk of injuries incompatible with life due to the unstable design of the car. Experts called this result “shameful.”
For the safety of children, the pickup received only two stars. Data taken from mannequins indicate a “poor” degree of neck protection and a “low” chest protection.
In addition, experts noted that the updated Mitsubishi L200 of South America in the basic version does not have airbags, a seat belt reminder system, and dynamic stabilization systems. Mitsubishi already reviewed the results of crash tests and promised to supplement the standard equipment of the pickup with the necessary systems.
- A cat-dog car was put up for sale in the USA
- World’s first off-road Lamborghini Huracan announced
- Lamborghini Aventador successor to retain V12 engine
- VW XL1 or the rarest production car of the brand in history
- Connaught Type-D or sports new car with a V10 engine