Updated Mitsubishi L200 Pickup Fails Crash TestNovember 29, 2019
The updated Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck failed the crash test of the Latin NCAP organization, which checks the safety of cars in South America. The car was awarded the lowest mark for protecting the driver and adult passengers, not receiving a single star out of five possible.
The test with a frontal collision at a speed of 64 km / h showed a high risk of injuries incompatible with life due to the unstable design of the car. Experts called this result “shameful.”
For the safety of children, the pickup received only two stars. Data taken from mannequins indicate a “poor” degree of neck protection and a “low” chest protection.
In addition, experts noted that the updated Mitsubishi L200 of South America in the basic version does not have airbags, a seat belt reminder system, and dynamic stabilization systems. Mitsubishi already reviewed the results of crash tests and promised to supplement the standard equipment of the pickup with the necessary systems.
- Brussels Motor Show prepares to open in 2021
- Mitsubishi showed the updated crossover Eclipse Cross
- Kia Sonet crossover sales started
- Cadillac requires dealers to invest $ 200,000 on electrification
- Rolls-Royce: luxury will always be more important than technology