Updated Chevrolet Sonic presented in Los AngelesNovember 24, 2019
As part of the Los Angeles auto show, Chevrolet showed the updated Sonic.
Initially, the second-generation Chevrolet Aveo was conceived as a global model, but later this idea had to be abandoned, as sales in Europe. Now they have shown a new generation car for the American market, where the model is sold under the name Sonic.
Sonic has acquired new bumpers, a certain radiator grill, recycled optics and another hood cover. Inside the car, a digital instrument panel and a new MyLink multimedia system with a 7-inch monitor, a rearview camera and support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto have appeared. Among the new options are steering wheel heating, keyless entry system, rear parking sensors and even an electric driver’s seat.
The engine range consists of a naturally aspirated 1.8-liter engine and a 1.4-liter turbo engine, both rated at 139 hp, but the latter produces more torque (201 vs 169 Nm). Both units are offered both with manual transmission and with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Mahindra to Bring Formula E to India for Electric Vehicle Advertising
- Audi announced participation in Dakar
- European Honda CR-V left without gasoline engines
- New Praga R1 racing car presented
- Renault will release a budget analogue of the new generation Logan sedan