Updated BMW M5 goes to final testsMay 14, 2020
He was spotted during a training circle at the Nurburgring.
Just before BMW finally unveils the updated 5 Series, which has been falling into spy camera lenses since last July, the sporty M5 can still try out the country’s largest racing track.
While BMW teased the world with camouflaged facelift versions of the 5 Series, the disguised M5 also came across to photo spies, but was never seen at the Nurburgring. Up to this day. Now the high-performance M5 is trying its hand at the famous racing track.
Meanwhile, as it turned out, partly due to images leaked onto the Web, BMW is very interested in updating the 5th series. The headlights have a slightly denser shape and lose the “snack” below. The bumper also receives some refinements in the front, such as grilles in the corners in front, as well as an additional decorative strip. Most likely, only a different arrangement of lamps is planned for the rear.
Since this is just a facelift, the performance of the model will not be affected. Under the hood, according to autoweek.nl, the same 4.4-liter V8 with 600 hp will remain. The Competition option in this case adds another 25 horsepower. The current 5 Series has been on sale since 2016, and the M5 appeared in the summer of 2017.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets