Unveiled details about the upcoming cross of the company LotusNovember 9, 2020
Autocar has shared some details about the upcoming crossover of the British brand Lotus, which belongs to the Chinese concern Geely.
So, if it was originally assumed that the Lotus cross under the internal designation Lambda will receive a hybrid power unit, now there is information that the upcoming novelty may even be left without a gasoline engine.
The Lambda is expected to be built on Geely’s Sustainable Experience Architecture, which Lotus is adapting to keep weight as low as possible. It is expected that the new cross will receive two electric motors, which will produce 600 hp as standard, and 750 hp in the maximum configuration.
The novelty should get a battery that will provide a cruising range of up to 580 km, most likely in the WLTP cycle. As for the date of appearance of Lambda, it will be released in 2022, in turn, the start of sales is scheduled for 2023. It is noted that the production of cross will be set up at the new enterprise of the Geely concern in the Chinese city of Wuhan, which will be able to produce up to 150,000 vehicles per year.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles