Unremarkable 25-year-old Toyota Supra sold for 173 thousand dollarsMarch 11, 2019
The run of the sports car is less than 18 thousand kilometers.
At the auction as part of the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance elegance competition, Sotheby’s auction house managed to sell the 1994 Toyota Supra for $ 173,600. Mileage coupe is less than 18 thousand kilometers.
The sold copy is a version of the Twin Turbo in the back of the targa, which is considered one of the most desirable options for the cult model. Judging by the documents, the Supra was sold to a new Toyota dealer in Illinois in 1994 and only a year ago the second owner registered it in Switzerland. The car is in excellent condition, including technical.
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo was equipped with a three-liter inline “six” with two turbochargers. The engine of the sports car for the markets of the USA and Canada gave out 325 hp and 417 Nm of the moment, Europe – 330 forces and 441 Nm of the moment. He was relied in a pair of six-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission. From zero to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) such a Supra accelerated in 5.6 seconds.
In January of this year, the first copy of the new-generation Toyota GR Supra (A90) was sold at the 48th annual Barrett-Jackson auction for $ 2.1 million – 42 times more than its base price of $ 49,990.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry