Unique Porsche 911 GT2 sells for a million dollarsMarch 27, 2020
The car of this series is very rare and desirable for many collectors.
Today it was reported that a very rare car will be sold at the Sotheby’s online auction site. This is a sports car Porsche 911 GT2 993 series, which was released in a circulation of only 194 copies. This car was built in 1996 and has a mileage of 30,113 kilometers. About 1 million US dollars are going to help him. Bidding will be completed on March 28. These models were created to homologate the racing version of the 911 Turbo. Therefore, the cars turned out to be very powerful and dynamic.
The car is driven by a 3.6-liter boxer turbo engine with a return of 430 horsepower at 540 Nm of torque. For the mid-90s, such an engine was considered one of the foremost. It works in tandem with the 6-speed manual transmission. The sports car is driven to the rear wheels.
From the classic 911 series, the car features a front spoiler with winglets, a large wing and improved air ducts.
On such a car, wheel arch extensions and 18-inch Speedline for Porsche wheels were installed. The developers also equipped it with carbon-ceramic brakes to withstand large overloads and extend their service life.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious