Two Fiat Chrysler workers die due to coronavirusMarch 25, 2020
Two employees at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the United States, whose coronavirus tests were positive, died of the disease. This was reported by Automotive News Europe with reference to a statement by a representative of the United Auto Workers’ Union (UAW).
These are the first confirmed victims of COVID-19 from among auto workers in the States. For reasons of confidentiality, their names are not disclosed: it is only known that we are talking about people from two different factories – in Michigan and Indiana.
All North American FCA enterprises were stopped last week – after the European ones. The downtime will last at least until the end of March. According to the Johns Hopkins University counter, 55 243 cases of infection with a new coronavirus and 802 deaths from it are currently registered in the USA. Only things worse in China and Italy.
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel