Tuners removed the speed limiter on Volvo carsOctober 16, 2020
Earlier, the Swedish automaker Volvo began producing cars with an electronic top speed limiter of 180 km / h.
Volvo recently started selling cars with an electronic top speed limiter of 180 km / h. This was done to improve road safety – after all, no one drives fast in the city, and there is no point in driving on highways over 180 km / h. At the same time, enthusiasts from all over the world have always tried to squeeze the maximum out of their cars. And it was just such a speed limiter that “challenged” the tuners.
In this regard, specialists from the German company Heico Sportiv decided to “dig” into the electronic units of fresh Volvo cars and remove this limiter. Interestingly, no special manipulations were required for this – they took the usual firmware, with the help of which they increase the return of the engines of Volvo cars, which at the same time shifts the speed limiter by 30-70 km / h.
The most interesting thing is that Volvo began to install a speed limiter even on sports models like the Volvo S60 T8 Polestar. But now the “recipe for happiness” for all fans of the brand has been found by German specialists, and it costs from 1,290 to 1,790 euros.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles