Triumph set the Moto2 speed record on a motorcycle with a serial engineJune 6, 2019
The Italian Grand Prix at the Moto2 race was over the weekend. These days one of the riders, Nikolo Bulegu, managed to accelerate to 300.6 km / h. This was a speed record for the Moto2 series.
The rider set a record on a Triumph motorcycle equipped with a 765-cc engine, which is also used in the production version of the Street Triple RS model. Its power is about 140 hp
“Reaching a speed of over 300 km / h was a real milestone of which we are very proud. It really demonstrates the power of our 765 cc engine. see, ”said Steve Sargent, director of products at Triumph, in a statement.
The absolute speed record for motorcycles was set in 2011 at the 1000-hp Suzuki Hayabusa, which could accelerate to 502 km / h.
- Mitsubishi L200 did not cope with the “moose test”
- Tesla Roadster Decomposes in Space
- A glowing Mercedes-Benz logo can lead to an accident
- Volkswagen Beetle pickup made into tiny camper
- Why does an electric Hummer need “crab mode”