Toyota Yaris earned the highest safety ratingSeptember 16, 2020
Due to the coronavirus, the Euro NCAP safety institute testing center has been very quiet this year. Slowly but surely, testing resumes and the first map with the results goes to the all-new Toyota Yaris.
Until now, almost all generations of Toyota Yaris – with the exception of the first in 2000 – could count on the highest safety rating. The latest generation of Asian compact cars is no different because the white Yaris strikes five stars. Euro NCAP even calls Yaris the new benchmark for the segment because of its good performance.
The institute is particularly pleased with Toyota’s new airbag, which is deployed between the front passengers in a side collision. This greatly limits the likelihood of contact between both passengers.
The average Yaris score is 82.5%. The most prominent items are the protection of adults (86%) and the existing security systems (85%). If we take the competitor score sheets, the Yaris left behind the Volkswagen Polo, which averaged 79%, the Peugeot 208 at 76%, and the Ford Fiesta at 74%.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily