Toyota will open its patentsApril 4, 2019
The Japanese company decided to open information about their latest innovations. Access to them will be free of charge. In total, over 24,000 patents for various hybrid technologies will be opened, including information on the operation of high-capacity batteries and hybrid power plants.
As noted by Toyota, the company fears a decline in demand for hybrids due to the growing popularity of all-electric models. It is expected that Chinese companies will use open information, as a result of which the production of hybrids will increase, which will increase their popularity and, accordingly, demand. As a result, the cost of both the cars themselves and their spare parts should decrease.
As Toyota noted earlier, by 2025 the company will get rid of internal combustion engines, leaving only electrified models in its lineup.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily