Toyota will draw a map of the city using autonomous carsMarch 4, 2019
Autonomous cars use detailed maps of the area to navigate in space, but the creation of such maps can be slow, while information from them is needed urgently.
Toyota, in partnership with Carmera, decided to go a little different way. She plans to “test the concept” of creating maps using cameras in the Toyota Safety Sense system and conventional DVRs. For the experiment we decided to get the map data of the center of Tokyo. A multi-month experiment will mix data obtained in various ways in order to draw a digital map with road markings, curbs and other details that an autonomous car will have to recognize when planning its route.
It is not yet known what will happen after the experiment is completed, but Toyota described the project as the first step towards an automated mapping system that will work with cars in everyday life, which will bring autonomous models closer to life and make them more practical, because the systems can drive along any road. to which cards have not yet been created. The infrastructure map will be drawn by the most autonomous system.
- Hyundai Elantra N TCR or full-fledged racing car
- Interior view: vigorous acceleration of the powerful crossover VW Tiguan R 2021
- Changan Uni-V concept car unveiled in Beijing
- Foton showed a pickup very similar to the Ford F-150
- Premium brand Hongqi unveils minibus concept in Beijing