Toyota tests Corolla-based crossover on the roadApril 30, 2020
Toyota Corporation has begun testing a new crossover based on the Corolla. Photo spies were able to take a picture of a masked mule and find out details about the upcoming cross.
As Autocar India agency informs on Thursday, April 30, the model acquired an in-house code 740B, and it will appear on sale under the name Corolla Cross. In the lineup of the Japanese brand, the cross will be between Yaris Cross and RAV4.
It is not yet possible to draw conclusions about the design of the machine from a common picture, since it shows a test mule: the components and assemblies of the upcoming model are hidden under a slightly modified RAV4 body.
The basis of the cross lies the modular architecture of TNGA-C. The line will be shared by a new motor with Corolla. According to assumptions, it will have atmospheric power units of 1.8 and 2.0 liters with a capacity of 139 and 169 hp. respectively. The first will work with the variator, and the second also with the 6-speed manual transmission.
It is expected that the presentation of the new model will take place in 2021, and its sales will be carried out in the Indian, Thai and Brazilian markets.
- Car production in Britain fell by almost half in August
- Car companies experienced a sharp drop in sales
- Tesla will accelerate the acceleration of its electric cars for $ 2,000
- One of 15 Porsche sports cars will be sold at auction for 280,000 euros
- Chinese Qoros to bring “prophetic” concept to Beijing