Toyota takes double in WEC qualification at SilverstoneSeptember 1, 2019
Toyota factory team won the qualification of the first stage of the new WEC season, which starts this weekend at Silverstone.
Mike Conway and Kamui Kobayashi showed the fastest average time of 1.36.015 according to the results of their attempts and ahead of Toyota team-mates Sebastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima by 0.300 seconds.
From the second row of the four-hour marathon on Sunday, the crews of the private Rebellion Racing team will begin. Moreover, the owners of the third place Bruno Senna and Gustavo Menezes lost the time of the pole of Toyota for only half a second.
The crew of the British Team LNT team, for which the Russian racer Yegor Orujov stands, took the last, sixth place in the WEC main class.
In LMP2, the Racing Team Nederland riders Guido van der Garde and Job van Eytert won pole position 0.735 seconds faster than second place winners Paul di Resta and Phil Hanson from United Autosport.
The first two lines in the GTE Pro were taken by crews on Ferrari cars – the pole was won by James Calado and Alessandro Piergvidi. The fastest in GTE Am were TF Sport Aston Martin racers Charlie Eastwood and Salih Yoluch.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air