Toyota stops production due to coronavirus in ChinaJanuary 29, 2020
The Japanese automaker announced the suspension of its four enterprises in China.
On preliminary information from the Japanese publication The Mainichi, production at Chinese plants will be suspended until February 10, 2020. Toyota executives made this decision because of the outbreak in China. Currently, the employees of the enterprises are on New Year’s holidays (according to the local lunar calendar) and were supposed to begin work at the beginning of next month. The leadership has not yet announced the date of restarting production.
According to The Mainichi, for the same reason, Honda plans to suspend two factories for the production of motorcycles in China at least until February 8th.
- Audi will release a hybrid variation of the model A8
- Honda and GM will jointly produce electric cars
- Tesla was able to sell more than 88 thousand cars in the first quarter of 2020
- Electric sedan Lucid drove without recharging 640 kilometers
- The FIA changed the rules in response to the crisis