Toyota RAV4 in May regained lost leadership in the SUV segmentJune 9, 2020
The sales volume of Japanese-made cars fell to us by 43% compared to May 2019.
Specialists of the analytics and statistics agency Avtostat calculated the sales of new Toyota cars following the results of May 2020. Note that the decline in sales was lower than that of the market as a whole. Between the beginning of January and the end of May, 34,282 new Toyota cars (-10%), and the market share of the brand for this period increased from 5.9% to 7.2%.
The best-selling model of the brand was the RAV4 crossover, which sold 1,226 copies. Compared to last year, the decline was 51%. At the same time, the model regained its leadership in the crossover and SUV segment, which was lost in April.
This result is 55% lower than last year. The top 3 best-selling Toyota cars are supplemented by Land Cruiser Prado SUV with a result of 967 units. (-10%).
- Tesla will start official sales of cars in Israel in 2021
- Tesla raised prices for models S and X due to restyling
- Named the most “long-range” supercars
- New Porsche 911 GT3 was shown to journalists
- Electronic driver assistants reduce alertness on the road