Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV Tests EuropeAugust 21, 2019
A test prototype was recorded by photo spies on European routes.
When you look at the pictures of the car, it seems that you see the usual version of the Japanese crossover. However, to be more careful, you can find a masked sunroof, which is located on the opposite side of the fuel filler cap. There is a port for charging. Moreover, the car acquired a trailer with dynamometric equipment. Mostly, automakers use it to test new engines.
The automaker itself does not provide any information about the new development. Experts are sure that a gasoline engine is installed on the machine, working in conjunction with an electric lithium-ion battery.
The SUV is powered by the new TNGA platform. On electric, the car will receive a power reserve of forty-eight kilometers.
A special development of the new version should tailor the RAV4 to the new environmental standards, which are about to enter into force on the territory of European countries. There is information that the SUV will appear on the market in the summer of 2020. The main competitors of RAV4 experts see Vauxhall Grandland X PHEV and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air