Toyota plans to launch drone technology with taxiDecember 18, 2019
Toyota spoke about its plans to introduce unmanned technology.
Japan’s largest automaker Toyota expects to launch a taxi with unmanned technology. This was announced at the opening of new offices by the Director General of the Research Institute Research Institute-Advanced Development (TRI-AD) James Kaffner.
The corporation first of all plans to deploy advanced autopilot functions in commercial vehicles, before using them in cars intended for personal use.
“It will take more time to reach the 4th level of autonomous driving for ordinary motorists. Level 4 is what, as we plan, will first appear in the field of mobility as a service, ”said James Kaffner.
Toyota plans to launch its first so-called standalone car, Level 2, as part of its strategy for developing autopilot cars over the next several decades. It is worth noting that many of the competitors of the Japanese automaker have reduced development targets after fatal accidents in Tesla Inc models, which showed the complexity of the technology.
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant
- 2022 “charged” BMW X3 M and M4 spotted in tests
- Look at the pink Rezvani Tank with lemon interior
- Humvee hijacked from military warehouse found in Los Angeles River
- Lottery Winner Cannot Pick Up Chevrolet Corvette Won From Dealer