Toyota launches mini electric carOctober 17, 2019
The production of a tiny city car was decided to begin before its official presentation, which is scheduled for the end of 2020. The Japanese novelty is only 2,490 millimeters in length and will be offered to customers in two versions.
This charming little box on wheels is already more than just a concept car that can be displayed at car dealerships. Toyota officials say it is a fully-electric-ready electric car that should go on sale in Japan by the end of 2020. The automaker is positioning its two-seater novelty as an ideal vehicle for narrow city streets, and the elderly, as well as those who recently got a driver’s license, are considered the main audience.
The ultra-compact electric car with a length of only 2,490 mm, a width of 1,290 mm and a height of 1,550 mm is actually even shorter than the German Smart ForTwo in the electric version of the EQ. Its miniature size makes it ideal for the “urban jungle”, especially in cities such as Tokyo.
- Police will start sharing fines with informants
- Toyota Supra with Tesla filling in development
- Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix stopped due to terrible accident of Roman Grosjean
- Ford GT chief designer put his creation up for sale
- Hyundai and Kia fined for problem engines