Toyota is ready to put a hypercar in the WEC in the season 2020/21March 16, 2019
Toyota does not exclude the possibility of switching to a serial hypercar in the World Endurance Championship from the 2020–21 season.
Technical Director of Toyota Motorsport Pascal Vasselon noted that the concept of GR Super Sport (pictured above), presented in January 2018, may well be prepared in accordance with the new WEC rules allowing for the participation of hypercars.
“We will have a hypercar,” quotes Pascal British Autosport. – You know that we are developing the concept of GR, which was shown last year in Le Mans. So we are fully prepared for the hypercar category.
Another thing is that we need a clear and clear rules. It is very difficult to comment on something until there are no rules.
As for the desire of the organizers of the series to allow hypercars to compete along with modern prototypes, we support this vector of development, as this may open the way for new participants to the championship. ”
- GAC to Unveil GAC Enpulse Sports Coupe Concept in Beijing
- Ford will put five electrified car devices on the assembly line in Canada
- Announced 1100-horsepower Tesla Model S Plaid
- Kia unveils updated 2021 Stinger sports liftback
- BMW plans to seriously update its lineup