Toyota is developing a new compact crossover for EuropeJanuary 14, 2020
The Japanese corporation is going to introduce a new subcompact cross for the European car market. Such information was shared on January 14 by the Toyota press center.
The Japanese automaker has distributed a teaser and information on the relative new crossover, which will be offered in Europe. In the lineup, the novelty will take a place below the C-HR cross. The car should debut this year.
According to information, the new product will be built on the new GA-B modular architecture, which is the basis of the new generation Toyota Yaris hatchback. So, the novelty can acquire the main components and assemblies, like the new Yaris model.
At the same time, the corporation emphasized that the cross will come out not just “Yaris” with increased clearance – in contrast to the platform “donor”, it will get a different appearance and other sizes. Judging by the teaser image, cars will be equipped with short front and rear overhangs, increased ground clearance, large rims and peculiar lights.
Mass production of the new product will be launched in France on the same line with the Yaris model.
In addition, it was previously reported that the cheapest Toyota crossover will appear in the automotive market under a new brand.
- Tesla bought a plot in a special zone for a factory in Germany with a scandal
- New Honda Breeze outperforms KIA Sportage
- The network got the first images of the new low-cost crossover Renault
- Ford and Volkswagen team up to create a seven-seater frame SUV
- The first photos of the updated VW Golf GTI without camouflage appeared