Toyota intends to reduce car productionJune 22, 2020
The top-,managers of the Japanese automaker decided to adjust their plans due to the difficult situation with car sales that developed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Toyota, adjusting to the current situation on the market, is going to produce fewer cars. Plans for July were shared by the brand’s press service.
So, it is reported that next month the Japanese brand will reduce output by ten percent. For comparison, this month the brand produced 40% fewer cars than originally planned. Another step that Toyota is taking is to organize one-shift work on three production lines of its two enterprises – Hino Motors and Gifu Auto Body Co.
The decline in production will be reflected primarily in Toyota Land Cruiser Prado and FJ Cruiser models, as well as Hiace cars.
- Look at the drift of an unmanned Toyota Supra
- Hyundai is preparing to debut new Custo minivan
- Rolls-Royce is preparing to introduce the first production electric car
- New Honda HR-V will debut February 18
- New Citroen e-Berlingo van goes on sale in late 2021