Toyota intends to develop a fuel cell truckMarch 23, 2020
Toyota Corporation of Japan, with the support of a subsidiary of Hino, plans to develop an innovative hydrogen fuel cell truck. When such a model comes out, it is still unknown – for sure, we are talking about the prospect of the next 3 to 5 years.
As emphasized, the agreement on the joint work of Toyota-Hino involves not only verification tests, but also the further practical use of cars.
The truck will be built on the Hino Profia model, which will be upgraded and will receive 2 hydrogen fuel cell batteries created for the next generation of the Mirai sedan. The autonomy of the new model will be over 600 km.
The Japanese company considers hydrogen fuel cells to be an excellent attribute of a green car, which is more efficient and safer in managing its task (as an energy source) than simple lithium-ion batteries.
- Lotus will unveil a new sports car this summer
- 2022 BMW X4 M prototype spotted during winter trials
- Lancia will become Stellantis’ premium brand
- Grenadier plant to be relocated to Europe
- Ford renews Thunderbird trademark