Toyota intends to develop a fuel cell truckMarch 23, 2020
Toyota Corporation of Japan, with the support of a subsidiary of Hino, plans to develop an innovative hydrogen fuel cell truck. When such a model comes out, it is still unknown – for sure, we are talking about the prospect of the next 3 to 5 years.
As emphasized, the agreement on the joint work of Toyota-Hino involves not only verification tests, but also the further practical use of cars.
The truck will be built on the Hino Profia model, which will be upgraded and will receive 2 hydrogen fuel cell batteries created for the next generation of the Mirai sedan. The autonomy of the new model will be over 600 km.
The Japanese company considers hydrogen fuel cells to be an excellent attribute of a green car, which is more efficient and safer in managing its task (as an energy source) than simple lithium-ion batteries.
- Formula E founder to launch electric boat racing
- In China, introduced a five-meter electric crossover from Gaohe
- Honda unveils new Honda CR-V Sport Hybrid e +
- Haval unveils new Haval H2 in Beijing
- Changan unveils Vision-V concept in Beijing