Toyota in 2020 became the leader in auto sales in the worldJanuary 28, 2021
Toyota has achieved this level for the first time in five years.
In the 2020 calendar year, the Japanese automaker Toyota Motor was able to sell more than 9.53 million vehicles in the world, which allowed it to become the sales leader among other companies.
However, a released report said the group’s global sales, including the Daihatsu Motor and Hino Motors brands, fell 11.3% last year. As for the main competitor of the brand, the auto giant Volkswagen, last year it managed to sell approximately 9.3 million vehicles.
It is clarified that Toyota took the lead last time in 2015. The coronavirus pandemic has negatively affected Toyota, but at the end of 2020, the company was able to ramp up production of cars to a record figure in the entire history of the brand. This was achieved thanks to the growth of auto sales in China.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web