Toyota hints at newer versions of the SupraMarch 14, 2019
Chief engineer of the project, Tetsuya Tada, said in a recent interview that “Supra needs to continue to grow every year,” probably hinting that it will soon be updated with new options.
He did not go into details, but added that he would eventually be offered an entry-level version that would be 110 kg lighter. It will provide a four-cylinder engine BMW. The role of this engine is suitable for a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine from the BMW Z4 sDrive30i, which provides 258 hp. (190 kW) and 400 Nm of torque. Acceleration to 100 km / h in this case will take approximately 5.2 seconds.
Speaking about the weight of the base model, Tetsuya Tada also hinted at a version with more power and a sports suspension, noting that she could follow in the footsteps of the 86 GRMN, presented in 2015. It came with a carbon fiber hood, Plexiglas windows and a large rear wing, which reduced the weight by 45 kg. For her proposed new suspension settings. Under the hood is a modernized four-cylinder engine that generates 216 hp. (159 kW) and 217 Nm of torque.
Tada also noted that the possibility of a manual transmission remains, and the Targa version is more likely than a convertible. Interior trim can also be updated, because now Supra borrows a lot from BMW, but in the future, the Japanese company may deviate from this concept.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery