Toyota has sold 15 million hybrids worldwideApril 27, 2020
Only on European markets, the Japanese automaker sold 2.8 million of these machines.
In January of this year, Toyota overcame a significant milestone for itself: the brand sold 15 million hybrid cars worldwide. The automaker has been going to this impressive figure for more than one year – the Prius, released in 1997, is considered the starting point. According to current statistics, the brand transferred 2.8 million hybrids to its European customers alone. Recall, currently in the lineup of Toyota and Lexus there are 44 hybrid models.
You can purchase them in more than 90 countries. Among them are the plug-in Toyota RAV4, Yaris, Corolla and many others.
Interestingly, according to estimates by the automaker, during the observation period, hybrid technology has helped reduce CO2 emissions by more than 120 million tons. An impressive indicator.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version