Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ will be much more productiveApril 25, 2020
The Japanese “twins” Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ, as before, will be based on the old platform, but they will acquire a new “aspirated”.
According to the Best Car portal on Saturday, April 25, the debut on the new generation of Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ sports cars will not take place until March next year, although the debut may be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic even later.
Contrary to previous rumors, the coupe will not build on Toyota’s modular TNGA architecture – in return, they will still use an improved variation of the current chassis. So, we can talk about a significant update rather than a full change of generations.
However, the Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ will become much more productive: a 2.0-liter powerplant with a capacity of 205 hp. they will replace the Subaru 4-cylinder boxer powertrain with 2.4 liters, which will produce at least 220 hp The transmission will be automatic transmission and manual transmission.
July 20, Subaru dealers will already stop accepting orders for the current generation BRZ coupe, but there is no information about the technical characteristics.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests