Toyota GR HiLux can get a V6 turbodieselApril 2, 2020
Competitor Ford Ranger Raptor may get a new powerful turbodiesel engine.
Soon after it became known that the new Land Cruiser 300 Series, which will appear in 2021, will be launched with a V6 turbodiesel engine, experts suggested that the same engine could find its way into the “charged” version of HiLux.
Engine features remain classified, but it is expected that its power will be at least 268 hp. and 650 Nm of torque. If the GR HiLux model received this engine, the pickup would have significantly greater performance than 174 hp. and 450 Nm, offered by the current 2.8-liter diesel engine. In addition, the new V6 turbodiesel in question will give the GR HiLux an advantage over the Ford Ranger Raptor with 210 horsepower. and 500 Nm.
Note that the Japanese company has not yet given any official comments. However, this can happen, since the development of a new V6 turbo diesel for LandCruiser will not make the most economic sense if it is not used in other cars.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles