Toyota GR HiLux can get a V6 turbodieselApril 2, 2020
Competitor Ford Ranger Raptor may get a new powerful turbodiesel engine.
Soon after it became known that the new Land Cruiser 300 Series, which will appear in 2021, will be launched with a V6 turbodiesel engine, experts suggested that the same engine could find its way into the “charged” version of HiLux.
Engine features remain classified, but it is expected that its power will be at least 268 hp. and 650 Nm of torque. If the GR HiLux model received this engine, the pickup would have significantly greater performance than 174 hp. and 450 Nm, offered by the current 2.8-liter diesel engine. In addition, the new V6 turbodiesel in question will give the GR HiLux an advantage over the Ford Ranger Raptor with 210 horsepower. and 500 Nm.
Note that the Japanese company has not yet given any official comments. However, this can happen, since the development of a new V6 turbo diesel for LandCruiser will not make the most economic sense if it is not used in other cars.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station