Toyota GR HiLux can get a V6 turbodieselApril 2, 2020
Competitor Ford Ranger Raptor may get a new powerful turbodiesel engine.
Soon after it became known that the new Land Cruiser 300 Series, which will appear in 2021, will be launched with a V6 turbodiesel engine, experts suggested that the same engine could find its way into the “charged” version of HiLux.
Engine features remain classified, but it is expected that its power will be at least 268 hp. and 650 Nm of torque. If the GR HiLux model received this engine, the pickup would have significantly greater performance than 174 hp. and 450 Nm, offered by the current 2.8-liter diesel engine. In addition, the new V6 turbodiesel in question will give the GR HiLux an advantage over the Ford Ranger Raptor with 210 horsepower. and 500 Nm.
Note that the Japanese company has not yet given any official comments. However, this can happen, since the development of a new V6 turbo diesel for LandCruiser will not make the most economic sense if it is not used in other cars.
- BFGoodrich introduced special off-road wipers
- Watch the 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S set a speed record
- Tesla wants to accelerate the emergence of Semi trucks and is looking for specialists
- Paul Walker’s BMW M1 to be auctioned
- Ferrari unveils racing-inspired version of the 488 Pista