Toyota electric cars will get Chinese batteriesJuly 18, 2019
On July 17, Toyota announced that it had signed an agreement with China-based Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) to develop batteries for electric vehicles.
The Japanese side said that the contract “will provide a stable supply of components,” will allow the development of new technologies and improve product quality.
The announcement of the deal came amid Toyota’s promises to increase sales of green cars. In addition to CATL, the Japanese automaker is cooperating in this area with another Chinese company – BYD, and also plans to build a joint battery manufacturing plant with Panasonic.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors