Toyota electric cars will get Chinese batteriesJuly 18, 2019
On July 17, Toyota announced that it had signed an agreement with China-based Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) to develop batteries for electric vehicles.
The Japanese side said that the contract “will provide a stable supply of components,” will allow the development of new technologies and improve product quality.
The announcement of the deal came amid Toyota’s promises to increase sales of green cars. In addition to CATL, the Japanese automaker is cooperating in this area with another Chinese company – BYD, and also plans to build a joint battery manufacturing plant with Panasonic.
- Third generation Haval H6 SUV prices announced
- BMW plans to double EV sales in 2021
- Mercedes-Benz has published details of the new electric crossover EQA
- Automotive brands that patent the most innovations named
- Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn may go to jail for 10 years