Toyota electric cars will get Chinese batteriesJuly 18, 2019
On July 17, Toyota announced that it had signed an agreement with China-based Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) to develop batteries for electric vehicles.
The Japanese side said that the contract “will provide a stable supply of components,” will allow the development of new technologies and improve product quality.
The announcement of the deal came amid Toyota’s promises to increase sales of green cars. In addition to CATL, the Japanese automaker is cooperating in this area with another Chinese company – BYD, and also plans to build a joint battery manufacturing plant with Panasonic.
- Hot hatches Toyota and Honda fought in drag in the rain
- In the US, they offered to give part of the fine to police informants
- BMW promised the imminent debut of “stunning” model
- Sales of hybrid Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- New Renault Megane will debut next year