Toyota Corolla will turn into a hot hatch in 2023February 11, 2020
Toyota is working on a “charged” modification of the Corolla hatchback, which can be purchased at the European car market.
Toyota already has GR Yaris, which is very popular among brand fans in Japan and Europe. Now it became known that in 2023 a larger high-speed car will appear in the UK – the “hot” GR Corolla hatchback. About this writes the foreign portal motor1.com with reference to Auto Express. According to media reports, the novelty will receive the same engine as the average Yaris. In the European market, the “charged” Toyota Corolla will have to compete with the Ford Focus ST and Hyundai i30 N.
Recall, at the beginning of last year, Toyota stated that the hot hatch is in the initial stages of development.
The same GR Yaris drives a 1.6-liter three-cylinder turbo engine that produces 257 hp. on the version for the Old World. The Japanese model boasts 268 bhp. Under the hood, according to experts, a 250-horsepower engine can be located. Toyota GR Yaris gets all-wheel drive, but the GR Corolla will do without front-wheel drive.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup