Toyota Corolla will turn into a hot hatch in 2023February 11, 2020
Toyota is working on a “charged” modification of the Corolla hatchback, which can be purchased at the European car market.
Toyota already has GR Yaris, which is very popular among brand fans in Japan and Europe. Now it became known that in 2023 a larger high-speed car will appear in the UK – the “hot” GR Corolla hatchback. About this writes the foreign portal motor1.com with reference to Auto Express. According to media reports, the novelty will receive the same engine as the average Yaris. In the European market, the “charged” Toyota Corolla will have to compete with the Ford Focus ST and Hyundai i30 N.
Recall, at the beginning of last year, Toyota stated that the hot hatch is in the initial stages of development.
The same GR Yaris drives a 1.6-liter three-cylinder turbo engine that produces 257 hp. on the version for the Old World. The Japanese model boasts 268 bhp. Under the hood, according to experts, a 250-horsepower engine can be located. Toyota GR Yaris gets all-wheel drive, but the GR Corolla will do without front-wheel drive.
- Lifan is getting closer to bankruptcy
- The entire run of the 612-horsepower crossover Alpina XB7 sold out in the USA
- Features of the hybrid Ford Bronco leaked to the Network
- BMW 4 Series convertible caught in the lenses of photo spies
- Michael Jordan’s Mercedes S600 Lorinser for sale