Toyota Corolla will be hybrid by next yearDecember 6, 2019
The Japanese corporation Toyota will reduce the European line of Toyota Corolla engines, excluding from it all the classic internal combustion engines. So, by 2020, only Corolla hybrid sedans and station wagons will be available on the European market, Autocar reports.
According to the portal, by the new model year the “European” Toyota Corolla will remain with two hybrid power plants: a 1.8- and 2.0-liter capacity of 122 and 180 hp. respectively.
The reason for this decision was not disclosed, but there is a version that the rejection of the internal combustion engine is associated with the desire of the Japanese to also take the “path” of electrification, following the example of Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volvo and other automobile concerns.
- PSA Group 3Q 2020 Financial Results
- Flying car received the first road permit
- The unmanned car rammed the wall right after the start of the race.
- The funding will help the company expand its lineup.
- Volkswagen electrifies another SUV