Toyota builds an electric fuel cell truckOctober 6, 2020
Toyota has announced plans to build a hydrogen fuel cell heavy-duty electric truck for the North American market.
The car will be developed by a subsidiary of the auto concern Hino Motors, whose main activity is the production of commercial vehicles. According to assumptions, the debut of the first demonstration model of the hydrogen truck will take place in the first half of next year.
The upcoming novelty will be based on the chassis of the new Hino XL series presented by Hino in America. In turn, the fuel cell technology will be provided by Toyota. The new initiative expands on the Japanese corporation’s efforts to build a 25-tonne Class 8 fuel cell electric truck for Japan.
As for the start date of serial production of the car, it is planned for 2024.
- Rare mid-engined Peugeot 207 THP Spider spotted
- Extra mirrors made for Jeep Wrangler
- Drag racing: BMW M2 CS vs Jaguar F-Type
- Pickup Mazda BT-50 received two new versions
- China to ban sales of gasoline and diesel cars from 2035