Toyota announces launch of hybrid RAV4 salesJune 8, 2020
Toyota released the fifth generation RAV4 PHEV hybrid cross in Japan.
The novelty, which has a power unit consisting of a gasoline engine with a volume of 2.5 liters and two electric motors, is capable of covering a distance of up to 95 km using electric traction alone.
As the press center of the Japanese brand informs, such a RAV4 accelerates to the first 100 kph in 6 seconds, which is only 0.3 seconds slower than the unique Prime version.
The system is powered by an “underground” block of lithium-ion batteries with a capacity of 18.1 kW / h, due to which the car can not only drive autonomously (up to 95 km), but also be an external source of energy for almost any purpose.
Hybrid RAV4 has already appeared in Japan, while it is possible that the model will soon become available in the US market.
- Elon Musk calls the new Tesla Yoke wheel a great idea
- Scientists have shown a way to fully charge electric cars in 10 minutes
- The development of electric vehicles may slow down
- Chinese Great Wall is interested in buying Daimler
- Porsche sets up new venture with German battery manufacturer Customcells