Toyota and Lexus recall more than 5 million cars worldwideNovember 15, 2020
Toyota has announced an extension to its recall campaign, announced due to potential problems with the fuel pump.
So, only 5.84 million Toyota cars were recalled due to the possibility of stopping the fuel pump, as a result of which the car could simply stop. It should be said that 3.34 million of the total number of recalled cars are located in the United States.
Speaking of recalled cars, among them are Lexus LS460, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus IS-F, Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Lexus NX200t and IS 200t, Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia and many other models. The recalled vehicles belong to different years of manufacture: from 2013 to 2020.
The American agency NHTSA notes that defective fuel pumps can crack and excessively absorb fuel, as a result of which they can deform and fail. Recall that Toyota is the largest auto company in Japan. The main office of the corporation is located in the Japanese city of Toyota.
In addition, some time ago it was noted that the Toyota Allion sedan will become left-hand drive and get out of the Japanese market. It is worth saying that this model of the Japanese automaker began its history in 2001, when sales of the first generation of the sedan started.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles