Toyota and Lexus recall more than 5 million cars worldwideNovember 15, 2020
Toyota has announced an extension to its recall campaign, announced due to potential problems with the fuel pump.
So, only 5.84 million Toyota cars were recalled due to the possibility of stopping the fuel pump, as a result of which the car could simply stop. It should be said that 3.34 million of the total number of recalled cars are located in the United States.
Speaking of recalled cars, among them are Lexus LS460, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus IS-F, Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Lexus NX200t and IS 200t, Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia and many other models. The recalled vehicles belong to different years of manufacture: from 2013 to 2020.
The American agency NHTSA notes that defective fuel pumps can crack and excessively absorb fuel, as a result of which they can deform and fail. Recall that Toyota is the largest auto company in Japan. The main office of the corporation is located in the Japanese city of Toyota.
In addition, some time ago it was noted that the Toyota Allion sedan will become left-hand drive and get out of the Japanese market. It is worth saying that this model of the Japanese automaker began its history in 2001, when sales of the first generation of the sedan started.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system