Toyota and Kenworth have shown a new hydrogen wagon.April 24, 2019
In honor of Earth Day, Toyota introduced a new truck operating on hydrogen fuel cells. It represents an evolutionary development of two previous projects, Alpha and Beta, created within the Project Portal project.
The truck will be built on the basis of the Kenworth T680 Class 8 and will receive Toyota’s hydrogen system, which “expands the possibilities” compared to previous versions, since it has “improved technology, equipment and performance”. It is expected that the range of travel for a hydrogen truck will exceed 483 km, which, as Toyota points out, “twice as much as the average truck requires in a daily operating cycle.”
The project will build 10 trucks that will transport cargo from the port of Los Angeles to Long Beach. Some of them will receive Toyota Logistics Services, three more trucks will be allocated to UPS.
The company continues to emphasize its commitment to hydrogen fuel cell models, as it is an “environmentally friendly, scalable platform that can meet the most diverse mobility needs while maintaining zero emissions.”
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily