Toto Wolff to head Aston Martin?March 21, 2020
The British Daily Mail writes that Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff and Racing Point owner Lawrence Stroll did not participate in the team’s press conference with the FIA and FOM yesterday. The position of Mercedes on it was presented by the technical director of the team James Ellison.
Rumors appeared on Thursday, though they were denied at Mercedes that Wolff could lead Aston Martin, in which Stroll recently acquired a large stake.
They say that this transition may affect the future of Lewis Hamilton, because the condition for the extension of the contract with Mercedes, he called the presence of Wolff as head of the team.
According to the Daily Mail, Ferrari team leader Mattia Binotto was sharply criticized by Red Bull Racing and McLaren during the meeting for not wanting to support the all-inclusive Formula 1 bailout package, including freedom for the FOM and FIA to form the calendar, and transferring changes to the regulations from 2021 to the 2022nd.
“Binotto did not want to sacrifice a competitive advantage for the greater good,” a newspaper source said. But in the end, the decision was made.
- Electric crossover Volvo XC40 Recharge will be disassembled in the name of safety
- Ford rolls out a rechargeable version of the new generation Ranger pickup truck for tests
- 2022 BMW X1 first shown in renders
- Jaguar F-PACE gets two new special editions in Italy
- Maserati Grecale crossover to debut in November