Toto Wolff: Honda challenge usAugust 23, 2019
In 2019, only the pilots of two teams won the races – Mercedes and Red Bull Racing. Toto Wolff believes that the victories of Max Verstappen in Austria and Germany testify to the serious progress of Honda motorists.
“Red Bull Racing has always built one of the best chassis,” quoted Speedweek as head of the Mercedes team. “Now Honda has taken a big step forward – they deserve respect.” I am pleased with their progress, since the high competitiveness of Honda is beneficial to the entire Formula 1, including us. If the four manufacturers of power plants are on the same level, then this is good for all participants.
Honda’s progress means we are being challenged again. Mercedes has long been a leader, but now it’s obvious that our rivals caught up with us. Closing the gap is easier than being ahead. There are objective reasons why before no team and no rider had won six titles in a row. “At Mercedes everyone knows that they must work with even greater dedication to protect their position.”
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires