Top 10 best cars of 2020 in the world compiledFebruary 6, 2020
The list of models was named by the organizers of the prestigious World Car of the Year Award.
On the eve of the World Car of the Year 2020, WCOTY contest, the event organizers announced the final list of applicants for this title, highlighting the top ten cars of the coming year, one of which will be the winner.
So, the rating includes three Korean models Hyundai Sonata, Kia Soul EV and Telluride, Japanese Mazda3 and CX-30, British Range Rover Evoque, as well as German Mercedes-Benz CLA and GLB, Volkswagen Golf and T-Cross. All these models either debuted for the first time or received an update, as well as a generation change.
The rating did not include the new Kia Seltos, Hyundai Palisade and Venue, Skoda Kamiq and Scala, as well as Ford Explorer, despite the hype in the media. The winner of the “World Car of the Year” contest will be announced on April 8 during the auto show in New York, but before, on March 3, at the Geneva Motor Show, the list of applicants will be reduced to three positions.
- Compact crossover Nissan Magnite enters the global market
- Audi from 2026 will completely abandon the internal combustion engine and switch to the production of electric cars
- Tuned Porsche 911 GT2 becomes the world’s fastest street car at the Nurburgring
- Hongqi’s new 5m E-QM5 electric sedan unveiled
- Aston Martin unveils a special Vantage roadster to celebrate the A3’s 100th anniversary