Timmy Hansen Wins Latvian WRX Stage and Leads ChampionshipSeptember 16, 2019
Timmy Hansen won for the fourth time this season at the WRX stage in Bikernieki after a failed Saturday and overnight repairs at Team Hansen MJP.
Timmy was only 16th in the first two qualifying races due to a mistake in Q1 and damage to the rear suspension in Q2, but on Sunday showed the fastest times in both races and took off in second place, losing only to Andreas Bakkerud.
Hansen and Bakkerud won their semi-finals and started from the first row in the rain final. Timmy took the lead at the start, while Bakkerud lost to both Hyundai in the person of Niklas Gronholm and Timur Timerzyanov, who had an excellent start from the last row and in third place.
Timmy Hansen was second to none at a pure pace, and he confidently won the race, only on the last lap passing the joker loop. Niklas Gronholm was able to maintain second place without getting stuck behind Kevin Hansen thanks to a successful joker. Bakkerud made a mistake on the third round and could not impose a fight on the Finnish, but remained on the podium. Next came Kevin Hansen, Timur Timerzyanov and Liam Doran.
Another Russian Matvey Furazhkin did not make it to the semifinals, becoming the 17th of 19 participants.
The WRX season finale will take place at the Killarney circuit in South Africa in eight weeks, November 8-9. Timmy Hansen has 187 points, Andreas Bakkerud has 186, Kevin Hansen has 179.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system