Three-time Formula One Champion Niki Lauda DiesJune 27, 2019
Former Austrian racer and three-time world champion in the Formula 1 class, Niki Lauda, passed away at the age of 70. It is reported by the television channel ORF Tirol, with reference to the letter of the family of ex-athlete.
“In silent grief, we announce that our beloved Niki died peacefully on Monday, May 20, 2019, in the bosom of his family. His unique achievements as an athlete and an entrepreneur will always remain unforgettable, ”the letter says.
Niki Lauda had a lung transplant operation last year. Surgical intervention was needed after a serious infectious disease.
The Austrian pilot won the Formula 1 World Championships in 1975 and 1977 with Ferrari and in 1984 as a McLaren driver. During the 1976 German Grand Prix on the Nürburgring, the racer had an accident and his car caught fire. As a result, Lauda suffered severe head burns.
A total of Niki Lauda participated in 13 Formula 1 seasons. Racer’s career ended in 1985. Until recently, Lauda served as non-executive director of the Mercedes team.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI