Three Americans crossed the US in 25 hours in an Audi A6August 21, 2020
The riders regained their leadership status after their last year’s record was broken.
Often in the United States there are illegal races called “Cannonball”. The goal of the competition is to cross America from coast to coast by car in the shortest possible time. This time, Americans Doug Tabbatt, Arne Thoman and Berkeley Chadwick managed to do it in 25 hours and 39 minutes.
Their previous record was 27 hours and 25 minutes – in December 2019 they made a race on a modified Mercedes-AMG E63, the engine power of which was 700 hp. However, in April 2020, their record was broken by unknown people who traveled across America in 26 hours and 38 minutes.
During the record-breaking race, the crew reportedly stopped for a total of 31 minutes, with an average speed of 180 km / h at a top speed of 282 km / h. The record was recorded by a team of 35 people scattered along the entire route.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI