Thomas Schaefer became the head of SkodaAugust 4, 2020
According to the latest information, it became known that Thomas Schaefer, who came from the post of managing director of the Volkswagen Group in South Africa, became the head of Skoda.
It is known that under his leadership, the group was able to significantly expand and strengthen its position in sub-Saharan Africa, and also created “mobility concepts for Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and Ghana.” It is known that Herbert Diess in his interview with the German press Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung said: Skoda will not turn into another premium brand of the group.
The company, first of all, needs to gain a foothold in the budget segment, and it “not aggressively enough” competes with Korean and French brands. Information about the transformation of this brand into a “cheap” brand with “folk” models has been circulating for more than a year. It is also possible that the past CEO left the company at the time of the upcoming “link” to the low-margin segment.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires